June 7th, 8th, & 9th 2019 | 12 students 1 teacher
Workshop Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
Arrive: June 6th, 2019 Thurs. Evening | Leave: June 10th, 2019 Mon. morning
$435 for workshop PLUS your lodging costs. More info below.
To attend this knitting retreat, you must stay at Phineas Swann B&B.
Make a $175 deposit today.
$435 workshop fee PLUS lodging. A deposit today holds your spot in the retreat.
Lodging starts at $209 per night (4 nights) double occupancy. Please be aware you must stay at Phineas Swann B&B to attend this retreat.
Call Darren or Lynne at Phineas Swann:
(802) 326-4306. Tell them you are attending the 2019 Summer Knitting Retreat in June.
Do not use their online reservation system. Rooms have been blocked out for the entire B&B.
Lodging & retreat workshop held at
Address: 195 Main St, Montgomery Center, VT 05471
Phone: (802) 326-4306 (Map)
ABOUT PHINEAS SWANN B&B
The romantic accommodations are furnished with fine antiques and four-poster beds with luxurious linens, yet also have all the modern conveniences, such as flat-screen televisions, wi-fi, courtesy phones, and individual climate controls. Our main inn is cozy in the winter (imagine yourself relaxing in front of the fireplace with a hot cocoa) and airy in the summer, offering tea, coffee, cold beverages, and endless snacks throughout the day.
What’s included at the Phineas Swann? Items that would be add-on charges at any other lodging accommodations in the area, including:
• Access to WiFi throughout the property
• An all-you-can-eat gourmet breakfast made with locally-sourced Vermont ingredients,
• Full cable TV with premium movies
• All-day coffee, tea, soft drinks, snacks, cookies & brownies
• Long-distance telephone service anywhere in the US and Canada,
• Complimentary DVD “rentals” for you to enjoy in your room, and
• Use of our outdoor Hot Tub
• BREAKFAST EACH DAY
Local activities this time of year: Bicycling, Sightseeing, Hiking, Long walks in the small village, Jay peak ski resort & more.
The Phineas Swann’s unique attributes is its Pet-Friendly nature. Unlike other luxury inns, The Phineas Swann is a very pet-friendly inn (in only designated areas), and we look forward to making your next Vermont vacation safe and special for both you and your pet.
The inn is located in northern Vermont, near Jay Peak Resort in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom. It is said that Vermont is what the United States used to be, and that northern Vermont is what Vermont used to be. Our historic village of Montgomery is uniquely situated to allow guests to easily travel to nearby Canada as well as Stowe, Burlington, and Newport, making us the perfect gateway for points of interest in Northern Vermont.
Your hosts, Darren & Lynne, welcome you to the Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn.
Breakfasts are included with Highland Lodge reservation.
Dinner and lunches are on your own. Other restaurants are a 25-30 minute drive.
Schedule COMING SOON
Traveling to Montgomery, Vermont
The closest airports are Burlington, Vermont (1hr 15min drive), Manchester, New Hampshire, (4hrs drive) or Montreal, Canada (1hr 40min drive)
Amtrak stops in Waterbury, Burlington and Montpelier, Vermont, each about two hours away by car.
At this time we can not provide transportation to and from the Airport or Train stations.
Driving by car to Montgomery Center, Vermont
Burlington, Vermont (1hr 30min)
Montreal, Canada (2hrs)
Boston, Mass (4hrs)
New York City (7hrs)
* Call Darren or Lynne first for reservations at (802) 326-4306 for room availability. Then make your deposit here for your retreat workshop.
* Lodging starts at $209 per night double occupancy.
* Rooms & Suites are available.
* In room dog friendly
* Sharing a room with other knitters, spouses, partners available. Split the costs.
Workshop fees & deposits:
$435 (USD) Includes handouts, misc supplies, knitting surprises, yarn, mailings, teacher fees, door prizes, and use of the facilities. Lodging is extra.
* Phineas Swann B&B reservation is paid separately from your workshop fee.
* Balance due ($260) 6 weeks before retreat starts on or before April 20th, 2019
* Limited to 15 people, 1 teacher
* Workshop deposits are transferable & DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
* If you cancel, you are responsible for filling your spot for this retreat.
* Your deposit is transferable to another knitter. We do have waiting lists sometimes to fill your spot.
* If we fill your spot (from our waiting list or you fill your spot), before April 20th, 2019, we will refund your deposit.
* No deposits will be refunded after April 20th, 2019
**In the unfortunate event that Sheep to Shawl should have to cancel a class for any reason, all fees, including deposits, will be fully refunded in a reasonable time. We reserve the right to include a substitute teacher in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
***The costs of any travel arrangements you may have made will not be reimbursed.
Please be sure you know your cancellation fees for your airlines or lodging.