I feel like I have lost my voice. I haven’t written since the 2016 election. I can’t let that disaster silence me or stop me from sharing stories. I haven’t been silent, but I have let the daily news cycle co-opt my voice and my words and my energy.
NO MORE!The only way to get my voice back is to *write*. This is the oppostie of healing laryngitis–where you must give your voice a rest. I need to stop yelling and shouting all the time, and slow down and go deeper to say what is needed for the long term. I have intended to do this at least once or twice already, but I have failed. My challenge now is to figure out how to succeed this time. And the main thing is to keep trying.
- 1) Surround myself with inspiration
- 2) Ritualize my writing time
- 3) Use the internet intentionally
- 4) Limit social media time
- 5) Share less frequently and with more depth