Here’s what happened…We’re getting really close to the smoking gun on Trump and company colluding with Russia to hack our election. Facebook has admitted to selling hundreds of thousands of ads to Russian bots and trolls who signed up as fake Americans to support Trump and attack Hillary Clinton. Trump wimped out and got Jeff Sessions to make an announcement about cancelling DACA in six months. If this happens, 983 kids and young people will be deported every day. People who came to the USA as children with no choice, and who have lived there whole lives here and no nothing else. This is blatantly cruel racism and nothing else. The whole cabinet is at Camp David for a meeting that is ostensibly about hurricane Irma. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. Russian media announced that Trump and Russian ambassador Anatoly Antonov had an unscheduled meeting at the White House. No USA press was present. Now Trump is denying the meeting ever happened. Don’t you find it interesting how the Russians put info out re this meeting between a sanctioned war criminal and Trump? Nothing on Trump’s calendar. As always, Amy Siskind’s list will give you all the frightening details.
Here’s what you can do next…Take action to defend DACA and DREAMERS today.
- Visit dreamacttoolkit.org for a handy tool to call/tweet at key members of Congress and urge them to pass the DREAM Act.
- Visit weareheretostay.org to find a DACA-related action near you.
- Impeach Trump or remove him with the 25th amendment because he’s unfit to lead.
- Defend DACA and pass bipartisan legislation to protect the Dreamers ASAP. Urge your reps to support the Dream Act of 2017, sponsored by Senator Lindsay Graham of South Carolina. The bill number is S.1615 and it’s companion bill in the House is is H.R. 3440. As a bonus, you can also call the Republican members of the Judiciary Committee at (844) 241-1141 and urge them to cosponsor the bill.
- Demand they pass legislation that restricts police purchases of surplus military hardware.
- Tell them to take whatever action is necessary to protect our national monument areas!
- Sign up for Daily Action Alerts so you know what to call your reps about day by day.
Make a Welcome Blanket. You still have time! The deadline has been extended until November. There are instructions on the website and I’ll be putting the pattern for my blanket up on Ravelry this week.