What happened?It’s been a boring week. OK, so I’m not fooling anyone. Here’s the news:
- A Pussyhat was spotted at the V&A museum in London and featured on the Knitty Blog.
- Russia, Russia, Russia. Nope, that story is not going away. Attorney General Jeff Sessions was caught lying in his confirmation hearings when he said he had not met with any Russian officials during the campaign. He has recused himself from investigating the connections between the Trump campaign and Russia. Bernie Sanders and others are calling for him to resign. But lying under oath calls for perjury charges. LOCK HIM UP!
- VP Mike Pence used a private email server and AOL email for state business and GOT HACKED! Bwahahhahaahh anyone? LOCK HIM UP!
- The GOP is being super secretive about their new Repeal and Replace bill for the Affordable Care Act (aka ACA / Obamacare), and they may have lost it. (Yes, you read that right.)
- The EPA has become the EDA (Environmental Destruction Agency), and is halting inquiries into oil, gas industry emissions of methane. But the destruction is top down. Many federal employees are part of the resistance. You can follow the rogue accounts on Twitter. The EPA has several rogue accounts.
- And if you need to end with more good news, here’s a summary from the week from the ever sage Rebecca Solnit.
What can you do next?Now through March 15:
- I’m having a 5 patterns for $5 sale and you can get my Resistance Hat Collection for a great price. Plus other stuff, too.
- Knitters in the Round Pussy(c)hat on YouTube Live hosted by Pompom magazine and Anna Maltz (@sweaterspotter).
- International Knit a Pussyhat in Public Day. Plan your own gathering and register it with the Pussyhat Project.
- Barcelona Pussyhat get together.