What happened?Every day is a new shitstorm of news and lies. Remember, this is not normal. (It’s also not necessarily brand new.) I’m going to skip gathering up stories this week. Make sure you are following at least one of these sources:
What you can do?Spread real news. Make sure people know what is really happening. Team up with Indivisible Guide or ACLU’s People Power for regular updates and suggested action items, as well as local activities. Sign up for quick daily action updates via text, and commit to making at least 1 phone call and sending one fax or post card a day. Get ready for April protests. There are three and we need to get to all of them. Don’t just pick one. March in your own town if you can’t get to a big city.
- Tax March on April 15: Tell Trump to release his taxes
- March for Science on Aprill 22, Earth Day (lots of hat knitting! I have a DNA hat designed for this.)
- People’s Climate March on April 29 (I have a Snowflake hat for this one.)
- Make calls daily
- Share on social media daily
- Write letters weekly
- Attend meetups monthly
- March in protests as often as possible
- Get involved in local politics
- What other ideas can you come up with?
Next week, watch out for my Spring Pussyhat pattern on Ravelry! It’s fingering weight, and has a fold-up ribbed brim so you can get it off your ears when the weather is warmer. I’m getting a cotton sample test knit this weekend.