Pussyhats are everywhere, most excitingly to me, on the runway at Milan Fashion Week. Missoni staged a mini Women’s march. All of the models wore pussyhats in their final parade. And everyone in the audience was given a pussyhat, and they stormed the runway wearing them at the end of the show.
(If you like this, check out my new Catwalk Pussyhat pattern in fingering weight on Ravelry.)
And, some Republicans are starting to freak out about how off-base the current regime is. News and Guts on Facebook posted this comment from a reader. (If you’re on FB and you’re not following them, you should be!)
- The main story this week is more attacks on the First Amendment as 45* called the press the “enemy of the people” and Sean Spicer blocks major news outlets including the NY Times and CNN from the latest press briefing, while welcoming white-supremacist news outlets like Breitbart.
- But the most important news is still Russia!
What Can You Do Next?
- Keep making pussyhats. I think getting ready for the March 8 “A Day Without A Woman” is our top priority this week.
- After that, we’ll come back to knitting for the March for Science on Earth Day, April 22. I have a new DNA on my Mind hat on Ravelry.
- After that, we’ll get our butts out in the streets for the May 6 Immigrants March.
I also made a Catwalk Pussyhat pattern.
Are you all with me?
And don’t forget to call your reps every day. Do you have them on speed dial yet?