This course is made of 5 core lessons sandwiched between this introduction and a closing lesson with tools to help you continue on your journey.
- What’s an Author Platform? – In this lesson, we’ll discuss the definition of the word “platform” in the publishing world and talk about when you should start getting the word out into the world about your book, business, and other projects.
- Building an Online Presence – This week, we’ll talk about social media and how to get your name out there in the wild west of the internet. By the end of the week, you’ll have a preliminary plan for starting or building on an existing social media personality.
- Building a Real World Presence – In our third lesson, we’ll discuss what you can do in the real world to build your platform and expand your author presence. We’ll also talk about finding a good mix between real world and online publicity activities so you can build a plan that works for your personality and lifestyle.
- Building a Portfolio – In this lesson, you’ll learn how to build a portfolio of your work and how to share it with the world in a way that gains you authority and builds your reputation as a professional in your field.
- Building a Community – This might be the most important lesson of this entire class. Here we’ll learn how to build a community around your work by using an email list of your true fans.
- Going Further