Learn knitting stitches from different countries in one knit along.
Our Yarn is Out of Stock. Use your own yarn stash and download pattern from Ravelry.com.
Imagine Backpacking around Europe collecting lace stitches instead of mugs or t-shirts—this shawl gives you the chance to do just that! I’ve combined some of my favorite stitches from European lace knitting traditions into a stole with a modern touch. Short-row shaping adds a curve so it fits on your shoulders without slipping off.
Orenburg: 9/25 | Shetland: 10/9 | Italy: 10/16 | Estonia: 10/23 | Germany: 10/30 | Border: 11/6
Pre-order select colors below. Knit along starts 9/25/2019 on Ravelry.com
How do I join?
- Select your color below. Merino/Silk/Polymide yarn.
- Price $56.99 + Shipping.
- This is a pre-order for this knit along.
- Expected delivery date, second week of Sept 2019.
- Starts Sept. 25th, 2019 on Ravelry.com
Pre-ordered yarn includes?
- 4 Skeins of yarn to finish your project.
- Pattern (included) downloaded from Ravelry.com
- Lessons released weekly. Starts Sept 25rd.
- Free how to videos by Donna Druchunas.
- Question & answer on Ravelry.com forum.
Valley Yarns Charlemont is a stunning blend of superwash merino, mulberry silk, and polyamide (nylon). It is incredibly soft with a lustrous sheen that brings out the jewel-like, kettle dyed colors. 439 yard per hank. Charlemont is beautiful for this shawl.
Yarn & Pattern Specs
Weight: Light Fingering
Gauge: 22 stitches and 39 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch after blocking
Needle size: US 4 – 3.5 mm
Yardage: 1480 yards (1353 m)
Sizes available: one size | Approx. 19″ (48cm) wide x 71” (180cm) long, blocked
Experience Level: Intermediate