Dashboard • My Courses • My Achievements • Notifications • Edit Account • Redeem a Voucher • Order History • Sign Out
Ever since I read The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron–before I had my own business or started life as a freelancer–I have taken the last five weeks of the year to renew my energy and plan my next year.
This is my way of rebelling against the anxiety and stress of the holidays and against the Puritan work ethic that tells us “idle hands are the devil's workshop” and makes us believe if we're not busy all the time, then we are lazy and we will end up broke, homeless, and unloved. “Poppycock” is what I have to say to that!
I'd like to invite you to join me to break the cycle of anxiety and busyness and experience your own year-end renewal. Live with peace in the season that we should spend relaxed, cocooning in a warm blanket.
Each Sunday, we will have a reading and mediation to start the week off, then we will work through an exercise each day to help us work through the week's lesson material. All this should take about 15 or 20 minutes per day, and at the end of the week, you'll get a day off!
- Week 1: Welcome. Get settled, learn about the classroom, and gather your tools and materials.
- Week 2: Look Back and Celebrate. Record this year's accomplishments and celebrate your successes.
- Week 3: Romance your Business. What is your vision for your business? How will your business both reflect you and nurture you?
- Week 4: Connect with Customers. How will you reach out to potential customers, and grow your following and your list?
- Week 5: Plan for Peaceful Profit. What products and services will you offer? When will you offer them? How much will it cost? How much will you make?
- Week 6: Look Forward and Prepare. What will your new year look like? Create your budget, calendar, and action plan.
If any class day falls on a holiday, skip it and don't even think about feeling guilty. Reschedule the day's task for the scheduled “off day” that week or–gasp!–skip it entirely!
The holidays don't have to kill you and sap all of your energy and joy, and neither does your business. You started your business to have fun, be free, and make money. You don't have to sacrifice any of these goals.
Make a living and a life that you love.
Your course never expires and you can come back anytime to review or finish your course. Estimated time to finish is 60 days. This is a one time fee course and is not recurring.