Are you ready for my 2017 Pi Shawl KAL? We are starting a little later than usual this year because I have had a big deadline on another project and because I wanted to get the kits together!
Official Start Date
February 14, 2017
Berry Pi is a pi-shawl in two sizes: Regular and Deep Dish. It’s worked with very meshy double-yarn over patterns set off in solid areas of stockinette stitch for a strong, bold statement. Made in sport-weight alpaca, it’s warm even though it’s got so much openwork.
Berry Pi Pattern on Ravelry.
On sale for $5 until the KAL begins.
Berry Pi Kits on Craftsy.
Save 40% off the full retail price of the Berry Pi Shawl Knitting Kit. Limit 1 per customer. Coupon cannot be combined with other coupons. Expires February 28, 2017.
What You’ll Learn
- Options for casting on at the center of a circular shawl.
- Basic construction of a pi shawl.
- Lace patterns with double yarn-overs.
- Working allover patterns and motifs with repeats.
- Working a perpendicular lace border.
- Now: Order yarn and make a gauge swatch.
- Feb 14: Cast on and work the center and first mesh ring.
- Feb 21: Work double yarn-over circles ring.
- Feb 28: Work the second mesh ring.
- March 7: Begin the outer ring with double yarn-over diamonds.
- March 14 (USA Pi Day 3.14): Begin the border.
- July 22 (EU Pi Day 22/7): Everyone finished?