Buy a signed copy today!
$22.00, Paperback + FREE SHIPPING
Paypal shipping will reflect $0.00 for U.S. Residents.
International shipping outside USA is $11.00 US.
Audo book is NOW AVAILABLE.
Here’s what you’ll find inside the book:
A simple step-by-step introduction to knitting and designing lace, applicable to any yarn. Fifteen projects, for beginning to intermediate lace knitters. Information about the history and use of qiviut, possibly the world’s most exquisite fiber.
Stories about Yup’ik and Inupiat women and their culture.
- Preface: Following my Obsessions to the Arctic
- Introduction: The Oomingmak Knitter’s Co-op
- Chapter 1: The Yup’ik and Inupiat People
- Chapter 2: Villages and Knitters
- Chapter 3: Musk Oxen
- Chapter 4: Qiviut Fiber and Yarn
- Chapter 5: History of the Co-op and Musk Ox Farm
- Chapter 6: Lace Knitting Workshop
- Chapter 7: Projects
- Chapter 8: Designing Your Own