Price: $21.99 Was
Preface: Following my Obsessions to the Arctic Introduction: The Oomingmak Knitter’s Co-op
- Chapter 1: The Yup’ik and Inupiat People
- Chapter 2: Villages and Knitters
- Chapter 3: Musk Oxen
- Chapter 4: Qiviut Fiber and Yarn
- Chapter 5: History of the Co-op and Musk Ox Farm
- Chapter 6: Lace Knitting Workshop
- Chapter 7: Projects
- Chapter 8: Designing Your Own
Page 124: Fish Trap Hat & Wrist Warmers chart correction
Page 131: North Star Scarf chart correction.
Page 148: Grass Basket Cropped Ruana Vest chart correction.
Page 155: Horglass Boa is 60 inches long, not 48.
Qiviut, or musk ox down, is a world-class fiber—luxurious, warm, and lightweight. People who experience it become obsessed. Qiviut makes perfect hand-knitted lace, as demonstrated by the Alaskan artisans of Oomingmak Musk Ox Producers’ Co-op.
This book presents how-tos for knitting and designing lace, projects suited to new as well as experienced lace knitters, yarn sources, and comprehensive cultural background.
Publisher: Nomad Press
Type: Paperback | Black & White
You will receive a signed book by the author.